During a morning meditation where I was struggling not to attach emotion to my thoughts and visions…
I decided to consciously practice gratitude.
- Gratitude that the earth rotates
- Gratitude that there is Air to breathe
- Gratitude that there is food to eat
- Gratitude that there is water to drink
- Gratitude that I have shelter and warmth
- Gratitude that I have love in my life
Almost in an instant I felt a lift in spirits, like the sadness and anger that was being felt just disappeared.
And then my body began to relax and I had those moments where I began to feel like I was going into a trance.
Gratitude is a great tool to have to keep yourself elevated at any time. Not just meditation.
When you are grateful, it isn’t possible to be angry.